Saturday, May 05, 2007

Taking it Easy

My newspaper interview had been postponed for next Tuesday. I got a little reprieve. I decided to take it easy yesterday before tackling some orders that came in. My left arm was a little bit stiff as I woke up on my left side. I might have slept that way the whole time.

I got a visit from Mr. Turtle while I was reading yesterday. He passes by once in a while and I wish I can just clean that stuff off his back but it is better to leave him alone. Every time I got close he would retreat back in his shell. I let him be until he decided to go back to the lake where a family of ducks was playing. I love this time of day when I can have some peace and quite and just sit and enjoy a cup of coffee and a good book.

Later in the afternoon I went back out to rest--my left arm was better. I was mesmerized when I looked up. All these branches silhouetted against the darkening sky and I could hear a flock birds flew over and squirrels scurrying from tree to tree. So peaceful!

How time flies. It is already 3:30. I will organized my workspace because if I don't get on top of things stuff gets piled on my cutting table and it can get overwhelming to put things away later on. That's when I feel so helpless and don't know where to start. When I am in a hurry to finish a project that's when everything goes haywire. I have to get in to the habit of putting things where they belong as soon as I am done with them. Easier said than done but I have gotten better.
I have to get going--maybe I can make one bag before I start to get ready for my daughter's Musical Theater Recital tonight.

No comments: