Friday, February 08, 2008

STUDIO FRIDAY: THE HEART OF YOUR STUDIO!

I joined this group, Studio Friday a few months back but never got around to post anything. I have been lurking but not really participating.

The topic for this week is--"Where or what is the heart of your studio/creative space? Is it your desk or maybe a special piece of furniture, a window, a piece of art on the wall, your idea board, or one of your tools, a jar with ribbons on the shelf...? "

The timing of this topic is so perfect. I have been laboriously fixing my studio and this is going to be the year that I will finish decorating it!

This is a mini walk in closet where I put all my quilting cottons (decorator fabrics still to be tackled) and ribbons which I mostly use for my handbags. I had just organized it and I know where everything is. It is on this step that I sit, my studio being under the eaves and I can't really stand up straight even at 5'3" tall, and gaze and touch them lovingly planning my next creation. This is where my creative juices flow and I will have a floor cushion soon as it takes toll on my back to sit too long!

6 comments:

Everydaythings said...

Gald you de lurked and showed us your space...I could go mad with all those bits and pieces and fabric!!

Jenny said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I have to admit that jealousy lurks in my heart when I see your lovely, organized closet! My closet is also my workroom and is disorganized on top of being tiny!

Anonymous said...

It is like a closet full of potential waiting to happen. It must give you joy.

And i love the pillows on your bed - really nice.
thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

Hi Krissie thank you for dropping by--I know sometimes I think I stay too long in there instead hitting my sewing machine!

Debbie said...

Hi Jenny. Thank you for dropping by. It has miraculously stayed like this for two weeks now and I hope I can keep it this way--there is no telling what might happen.

Debbie said...

Hi Diane. I like to sit and gaze in there especially now that it is all organized.
Hopefully I can make more pillowcases I have some that I have cut but not yet sewn. Thank you for dropping by.