Wednesday, February 06, 2008

New Pillows

I finished painting my room and my daughter's last December. I would sew in the morning and finish up the orders that would go out that day then paint in the afternoon with my brother's help. I was practically running into myself but I feel so good when I look at my handiwork.We had my other brother and her family from Arizona over the Holidays and it was so much fun showing them all my "new stuff". I managed to make some pillows using my favorite fabrics. I wish I can squeeze in more time to make more sets. I can only show portions of my room right now as some are not yet done--I am organizing everything and what you don't see is in chaos but I am getting there. To me that small window is an eyesore. I had a huge painting covering it before. I was thinking either get a Chinese carved window frame or put curtains to simulate a larger window matching the one right by the bed. It needs to be covered since light comes through and hits my tv.

Since the old closet had been taken out I have more space (left of the screen) where I do my workouts! Love the way my bed looks positioned at an angle.


I've always had white pillowcases but this time I want color and pattern. I did a patchwork on the breakfast pillow then quilted it. If only I can get enough sleep!

One of my precious possessions, a 1940s Hollywood Regency Chinese Wedding Cabinet that I use as an entertainment center/storage.

The headboard has to go--I've had this for years and years as I was into Victorian and shabby chic a few years ago. Now I want eclectic modern. I like to mix contemporary with Oriental/exotic pieces. I have been checking out West Elm.


This is my favorite which has an Oriental motif. It would go so well with my Chinese cabinet.


The same headboard in a different room setting.


Low wood headboard. Love the lamp.

Octagon Headboard. They don't have this color in Full anymore. I would have liked this one too and the price is sooo right.


High wood headboard. That's a nice pleated comforter, don't you think?

This is it for now.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Lisa. I know and I called the company and it is really sold out. I am just itching to get the other one. Debbie.