Friday, January 22, 2010

To zip or not to zip

It's just so lovely today--high 70s. I am 10 minutes away from the beach --maybe one of these days I can swing by there! Not today though I have some sewing to do.
Ever since I started making purses I had a lot of requests for zipper closure but I couldn't quite figure out how to do it. I mean a recessed zipper closure where the zipper is a couple of inches down not at the very top like my wristlets. The reason I like the recessed is it retains the purse's shape and it doesn't look funny at the top.
A year or so I go I had a request from a friend for a zippered closure tote. It took me forever to figure it out  but unfortunately I didn't make any notes! Fast forward a few months back I was back to square one. There are a lot of tutorials online but it is not what I wanted. To cut the story short I finally figured out and confident enough to add it as a closure option on the site. Yeah baby!Here are some custom ones that I made:



For my niece Kristen who loves animals and hearts.



For my sister-law's mom. I was surprised she likes zebra prints. I do.




 

 
These are custom orders.


 
The stripes one is for my mom and the other one is for me.


 

Close up view.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

No comments: