Wednesday, January 24, 2007

First Post--at last

Hello everyone. I have finally embraced the 21st century way of journal keeping--blogging. Why not? I almost always talk to myself and I had a diary when I was a lot younger. In retrospect, I think I was hesitant to get out of my comfort zone--wary of the unknown. Just like with my website it took me a long time to go for it as I am not computer savvy (well I am a lot better now). It took me awhile to finish my site but I learned a lot along the way. Actually I find html quite interesting....


I have so many things I want to do and you will probably read them here which is great since the accountability factor is at play here. First on my list is to add some Laurie ( female version of my younger brother's name Lawrence) Weekender Tote. I have actually been playing around with some of my fabrics and trims and came out with these. I have already came up with the name for the middle one. The last one on the right is called Ooh LA LA! which I did with Jane (named after my neighbor). I still have to come up with a name for the first one--any ideas?

I have named my bags after family, friends and customers. I have a lot of different styles and for some it might be overwhelming but I like variety --it would probably drive me crazy to make a particular style over and over again and with the same fabric! Sometimes I would get an order for 4-6 identical bags but not very often--most of my customers get different bag styles. My mind is constantly brewing different fabric combinations and which style to make. This keeps me on my toes and my creative juices flowing.

I will work on the Eiffel Tower print and post it here when it is done.

No comments: