Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Downtown Stuart Craft Show

Belated Happy Mother's Day! I didn't have a chance to greet everybody over the weekend. I have finally recharged my batteries and ready for the week. The craft show wasn't too bad. It was my first show in this venue which is 10 minutes away from home. I saw a lot of familiar faces as we are a very close knit community and almost everybody knows everybody. A lot of snowbirds who are ready to leave in a couple of weeks before the weather really gets scorching hot. The weather though could have cooperated more. Saturday was cooler but all those love bugs! I didn't even know THOSE were love bugs. I have always thought they were cute and adorable but let me tell you--they are anything but. The plus side is they don't bite. My daughter was so bothered by them she had to go home last Sunday. We need rain but did it have to be Sunday? Well it was just a drizzle for about 10 minutes. Overall I had a great time. People recognized me from the newspaper article and they kept asking me how I find time to make all these purses and the oohs and aahs were music to my ears.

I was lucky enough to be under the shade of a tree. This is my booth with my spanking brand new tent from BJs--I have to fine tune my display. I have to get grids so I can hang my purses along the sides.

People asked my how do I find time to do all these purses? Well I try to make a couple everyday and do stuff around the house on top of that. I multi task--put in the laundry, thaw some meat for dinner, go upstairs to cut and sew, take a break and read a little, check if laundry is done etc, etc. I am a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom) and I love to create. I do what I love and I am making money out of it--what more can I ask? I am my own boss and I can play hooky if I want to. I didn't know I have so many until they were all out there on display and it felt soooo good!

I sold a lot of belts and key rings. I will be adding some novelty ribbon belts and key rings on my site hopefully this week assuming my new ribbon shipments (take note--shipments not shipment) will arrive soon!


I had the cutest customers who stopped by. Isn't she the cutest ever? Only two and she is already into purses! This is the first time I have seen bunnies in strollers! I have three ( will have to put them here soon) and I know they won't sit still. I have to go so I can catch up on my sewing. Until next time.

No comments: